"And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12 vs 7 - 9 {King James Version}
The Apostle Paul was in a situation, he didn't directly mention what the situation was, but obviously it was a situation that abased him. He cried to the Lord to take it away from him, the Lord responded {verse 9}:
- My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness
Waow! The Lord didn't say to him, "I'll take it away from you", rather the Lord said, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness." Let's pay attention to the words:
- my strength is made perfect in weakness
The word perfect in this verse means complete. This is telling us something powerful, this means that, God displays His strength in weakness; it means that God's grace is most obvious in weakness! Waow! Look at this, Where there is strength, God's strength will not be very obvious, because the man has some boasting, he thinks he is doing just fine because of his abilities. But when he's without strength, when he's in a mess, then it becomes obvious to him that he needs grace! You get it? If someone has money very sufficient for his needs and others, he wouldn't see the need to seek for help from another. But if he lacks money, he sees the need to be helped. The Lord said to Paul, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness." Meaning, in this weakness that you are in, my grace will be in operation; in this situation of weakness that you are in, my strength will be visible in your life. Waow!
My friend, how can you tell that the Lord is good if you have never been in a situation where you needed His goodness? How can you tell that the Lord is gracious if you have never been at a point where you needed grace? How can you tell that the Lord is merciful if you have never needed to be shown mercy? You see... Therefore see what Paul said in response to the Lord's words to him:
"Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." - 2 Corinthians 12 vs 9b - 10 {King James Version}
Paul said he would glory in his infirmities: meaning, he wouldn't complain about it, but rather give thanks to God in it. Why? He tells us, he said, "for when I am weak, then am I strong." Meaning, in weakness, God manifests His strength. Hallelujah!
Therefore dearly beloved, be encouraged and confident, knowing that God's grace is your anchor, knowing that God's grace defines you and not your human imperfections. Glory to God.
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
Jenning Uweye
Teacher,
Global Bible Study Community
Kindly share this article.
_____________________________
YouTube:
Kindly subscribe to the channel.
0 Comments
Post your Testimony